Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A little bio for ya...

My name is Katie and I'm an artist. Growing up I used my creativity to express myself especially once I got older. From drawing a portrait of myself in the hallway to getting my first camera, I knew art would always be part of my life.
I went on a trip to London England and that's when I realized what I wanted to do with my life. I was watching the Changing of The Guard at Windsor Castle when I saw the most impeccable shot. The framing and composition made me giddy, so I stopped filming the presentation and pushed my way through the crowd. The thrill of getting the perfect shot made me weak at my knees. I knew it was love.  From that day on I decided that my future would involve photography.
While getting my bachelors degree in Photography from The University of Oklahoma, my work started to morph into the what I would like to call "beautifully dark with a bit of quirk." I was inspired by the quirky photographer Liz Wolfe and by Izima Kaoru whose photographs are hauntingly beautiful.
Concept is my favorite part of photography. I love to be able to tell a story or at least get a story going so that the viewer can finish the story themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment